Tuesday, March 8, 2016

VIDEOKILLER - New Order, olden style: A unique take on Blue Monday. What would New Order's classic have sounded like in 1933?

New Order's Blue Monday was released on 7 March 1983, and its cutting-edge electronic groove changed pop music forever. But what would it have sounded like if it had been made 50 years earlier? In a special film, using only instruments available in the 1930s - from the theremin and musical saw to the harmonium and prepared piano - the mysterious Orkestra Obsolete present this classic track as you've never heard it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memories fade

"Memories fade but the scars still linger, I cannot grow, I cannot move, I cannot fell my age, The vice like grip of tension holds me fast, Engulfed by you, What can I do, When history’s my cage... Look foward to a future in the past".